> BISQL # 83 – Laymen to SQL Developer # 7 – Assignment #1 – Part #6 – Storage manager, Query Processing ,Transaction Management and Internals
BISQL # 83 – Laymen to SQL Developer # 7 – Assignment #1 – Part #6 – Storage manager, Query Processing ,Transaction Management and Internals
Lets continuing from my last post of Assignment 1 ..
In this article we are covering
- What is Storage manager ?
- Issues in Storage Manger
- Query Processing
- Query Processing Unit
- Query Processing Details
- What is Transaction Management ?
- Database System Internals
- Database Architecture components
What is Storage manager ?
Storage manager is a program module that provides the interface between the low-level data stored in the database and the application programs and queries submitted to the system.
The storage manager is responsible to the following tasks:
- Interaction with the file manager
- Efficient storing, retrieving and updating of data
When I was kid I am confused is storage manger is humane being n all ..
But it just program module which will help you when u don’t aware of it !!!
Issues in Storage Manger:
- Storage access
- File organization
- Indexing and hashing
- Parsing and translation
Query Processing Unit
Query Processing Details
Alternative ways of evaluating a given query
- Equivalent expressions
- Different algorithms for each operation
Cost difference between a good and a bad way of evaluating a query can be enormous
Need to estimate the cost of operations
- Depends critically on statistical information about relations which the database must maintain
- Need to estimate statistics for intermediate results to compute cost of complex expressions
What is Transaction Management ?
- What if the system fails?
- What if more than one user is concurrently updating the same data?
- A transaction is a collection of operations that performs a single logical function in a database application
- Transaction-management component ensures that the database remains in a consistent (correct) state despite system failures (e.g., power failures and operating system crashes) and transaction failures.
- Concurrency-control manager controls the interaction among the concurrent transactions, to ensure the consistency of the database.
Database System Internals
Database Architecture components
The architecture of a database systems is greatly influenced by
the underlying computer system on which the database is running:
- Parallel (multi-processor)
Thanks for visiting my blog !!
Hope you will like this post on Database Schemes ,Database Instances and Some Basic Definitions.
If you really like reading my blog and understood at lest few thing then please don’t forget to subscribe my blog .
If you wan daily link and analysis or interesting link go to following website which will give @ your inbox please subscribe our following link resource blog
Where todays links are
Link Resource Website